At Cat Haven we're always on the lookout for cat-loving people to work in a variety of positions where cat welfare and customer satisfaction are paramount. Please see below for any vacant positions.
We also advertise many of our positions on seek.com.au so please keep an eye on that employment site, plus we often employ from our volunteer pool. If you would like to gain experience in animal welfare or animal handling, a good option is to apply for a volunteer role at Cat Haven. Please email Click here to email if you are interested.
Cat Welfare Officer
Is this the purr-fect job for you?
Cat Haven is WA’s premier cat welfare Organisation. We are an open admission shelter that has been in operation since 1961, taking in over 8000 cats and kittens each year. Operating under the Getting to Zero model, our aim to is rescue and rehome as many cats as possible.
We are fast approaching 'kitten season', our busiest time of year when we are inundated with thousands of kittens! We are currently recruiting for an extra pair of helping hands to assist us in this busy time. Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the health and wellbeing of up to 200 cats living in our shelter, including feeding cats, cleaning enclosures and completing paperwork
• Conducting health and behavioural checks of cats and kittens
• Customer service and sales, including conducting adoptions of cats and kittens, and upselling food and accessories in our retail store
• Following procedures to ensure a high standard of hygiene is adhered to at all times
• Determining the suitability of cats and kittens for rehoming
• Assisting with euthanasia
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
• Previous experience working with animals, qualifications within animal husbandry or previous experience working in a shelter
• Previous experience within customer service or sales roles
• Emotionally resilient, with the ability to remain calm in stressful and emotional situations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work as part of a team in a busy, demanding environment
• Be physically fit with the ability to lift and move up to 10kgs on a regular basis
• The role is offered on a casual basis for approximately 30 hours per week, with shifts including weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
The work can be demanding (and exhausting!), but also extremely rewarding when you see the amount of cats that you have helped to save. Cat Haven also offers bespoke training in regards to cat handling, and of course cat cuddles are included!
Cat Haven is an open admission shelter. To find out more about Cat Haven and what we do, please visit www.cathaven.com.au
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com