At Cat Haven we're always on the lookout for cat-loving people to work in a variety of positions where cat welfare and customer satisfaction are paramount. Please see below for any vacant positions.
We also advertise many of our positions on seek.com.au so please keep an eye on that employment site, plus we often employ from our volunteer pool. If you would like to gain experience in animal welfare or animal handling, a good option is to apply for a volunteer role at Cat Haven. Please email Click here to email if you are interested.
Cat Haven – Boarding Team Leader
We love cats!
Cat Haven is WA’s premier cat welfare Organisation. We are an open admission shelter that has been in operation since 1961, taking in over 8000 cats and kittens each year. Operating under the Getting to Zero model, our aim is to rescue and rehome as many cats as possible.
Cat Haven operates a Boarding facility that can house up to seventy cats at any one time. Conveniently located onsite at Cat Haven, the customer service team look after the beloved pets of Cat Haven’s customers all year round, and are proud of their high standards of care. The Boarding facility is responsible for generating income that ensures other vital services Cat Haven provides to the community can continue.
Due to an internal transfer, Cat Haven is currently searching for a motivated, dedicated Boarding Team Leader to join our team! Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
• Providing a high standard of care to cats at all times including feeding, medicating, and providing behaviour enrichment
• Customer service, including the checking in and out of clients, taking bookings and payments and providing tours of the facility
• Leading a team of staff and volunteers on a day to day basis
• Assisting with the creation of promotions, incentives and advertising for the Boarding department to increase exposure and awareness of the Boarding facility
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
• Proven experience leading a team, working to KPI’s and budgets
• Previous experience working with animals, qualifications within animal husbandry or previous experience working in a shelter
• A strong customer service focus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literacy, including the use of MS Office and previous database experience
• Physically fit with the ability to lift up to 10kg on a regular basis
This role offers the purr-fect mix of working with animals, and with people! Cat Haven also offers bespoke training in regards to cat handling, and of course cat cuddles are included!
Cat Haven is a seven day trading operation. This role is offered on a twelve month contract for 26 hours per week, with shifts including weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
Cat Haven is an open admission shelter. To find out more about Cat Haven and what we do, please visit www.cathaven.com.au
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Thursday 3rd December, 2020