Volunteering with Cat Haven
Welcome! Volunteers are an essential part of the team here at Cat Haven. Volunteering is a great way to learn about cats and their behaviour, meet like-minded people, and give back to your community! Volunteers assist in the following areas:
Utilities & Kennels*
- Cleaning food bowls and litter trays
- Washing, hanging out, cutting up and folding linen
- Cleaning cat and kitten enclosures
*All Utilities & Kennels Volunteers have the option to participate in our Behaviour Enrichment program at the end of their three hour shift. Utilities & Kennels Volunteers are also able to graduate to positions within Boarding and assisting with Adoptions once they have completed three months continuous volunteering, if a position becomes available.
- Greeting and directing customers
- Stocking shelves
- Putting together retail stock, for example scratchy posts or cat carriers
Fundraising & Events
- Assist with fundraising events throughout the year, including quiz nights, street appeals, movie nights, gift wrapping and more!
- Transport – Assist Cat Haven to get cats and kittens to their appointments at Vet Clinics around Perth using the Cat Haven van (a clean manual license is essential for this position)
Volunteers who wish to assist Cat Haven must be able to meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of one, three hour shift per week (the same day each week) for a minimum of three months (excluding fundraising/event volunteers)
- You must be physically fit with the ability to lift 10kgs on a regular basis, as well as squat, bend and kneel to clean cat enclosures, move stock and transport cats in their crates
- You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions that are given to you, and be able to work without direct supervision
- You must be comfortable interacting with staff members, fellow volunteers and members of the public, providing assistance if required
- You must be able to provide at least one professional reference, and obtain a clean police clearance at a cost of $16.40 to you (or we can accept one that is less than six months old)
Volunteer inductions are held on a quarterly basis. Download our Volunteering Brochure here.
If you are interested in applying, please click here to email the Volunteer Coordinator.